Sat, 05 Feb|
Nottingham Vet School
ACV Conference 2022
ACV are back with our 2-day interactive conference, featuring plenty of interactive workshops on itchy animals, behaviour, imported pets, examining "gold standard" in the charity context, and more.
Time & Location
05 Feb 2022, 09:00 GMT – 06 Feb 2022, 15:00 GMT
Nottingham Vet School, Sutton Bonington, Loughborough LE12 5RD, UK
About The Event
Saturday 5th February 9am - 5pm
Main conference day comprising lectures, workshops, poster and abstract presentations, and AGM. Topics include behaviour presented by Sarah Heath, dermatology presented by Sue Paterson, small pet mammals, feline nursing, othopaedics, and our clients wellbeing when caring for chronically ill pets. Followed by drinks and nibbles from 5pm onwards.
There will be a conference dinner at 7pm - buy your ticket separately.
- 9 – 9.15 am Welcome Chair: Ian Futter
- 9.15 - 10 am Lecture 1 - The behaviourist-vet relationship Sarah Heath
- 10.15 - 11 am Lecture 2 - Dermatology on a shoestring: The itchy patient Sue Paterson
- 11 - 11.30 am Coffee break
- 11.30 - 12.30 pm Workshops - Session 1 Sponsor: MSD
- 12.30 - 1.15 pm Lunch and posters
- 1.15 - 1.45 pm AGM for members
- 1.45 - 2.30 pm What’s new in charity and shelter medicine? Chair: Jocelyn Toner Sponsor: Zoetis
- 2.45 - 3.45 pm Workshops - Session 2 Sponsor: MSD
- 3.45 - 4:15 pm Tea break
- 4.15 - 5 pm Panel discussion - Behaviour problems: how far should we go? Chair: Ian Futter Panel: Sarah Heath, Lorella Notari, Nicky Trevorrow
- 5 pm Poster prize presentation and drinks reception
- Behavioural First Aid (Sarah Heath)
- Decision making in ear disease (Sue Paterson)
- Decision making in orthopaedics (Shaun Opperman and Claire Turner)
- Small pet mammals (Bev Panto)
- Well-being: Welfare of carers of chronically ill pets (to be confirmed)
- Rachel Radwell Nursing Workshop: Nursing care plans for the feline charity patient (Alison Simpson & Alanna Willis)
Sunday 6th February 9:30am - 3pm
Interactive sessions to discuss big topics in veterinary medicine, with a charity lens. This year we are looking at imported animals, and redefining quality care for the real world.
- 9.30 – 10am Imported infectious disease – clinical background Runa Hanaghan, Amy Luker, Vanessa Whitfield-Pateman
- 10 - 10.30 am Coffee
- 10.40 - 11.20 am Workshop - cased-based imported disease discussion In groups explore several cases involving imported disease, considering the pet, the new keeper, handler health and safety, organisational reputations and public health.
- 11.30 – 12 pm Panel discussion - Imported infectious disease Chair: Runa Hanaghan Panel: Amy Luker, Vanessa Whitfield-Pateman A discussion of the issues raised in the workshop.
- 12 – 1 pm Lunch
- 1 – 3 pm Open forum - "Going For Gold": Redefining quality care for the real world Chairs: Caroline Allen and Louise Allum Everyone has heard the term "Gold Standard" but what does it actually mean? What is the evidence for these standards? What should it mean? Can we redefine the term to ensure that animal welfare is front and centre?
Ticket for Saturday an Sunday lectures, workshops, discussions and drinks reception. Lunch and refreshments provided. Please buy your conference dinner ticket separately.£120.00
Ticket for Saturday lectures, workshops, discussions and drinks reception. Lunch and refreshments provided. Please buy your conference dinner ticket separately.£90.00
Ticket for Sunday workshops and discussions. Lunch and refreshments provided.£70.00
Student Full Weekend
Ticket for Saturday and Sunday lectures, workshops, discussions and drinks reception. Lunch and refreshments provided. Please buy your conference dinner ticket separately. We are sorry to have to raise our student ticket prices this year for the first time. Rising costs and heavy subsidies for the previous two conferences mean we need to pass on some of this cost. We love to meet our future colleagues, so student tickets are still subsidised, and membership free for a 10% discount.£55.00
Student Saturday Only
Ticket for Saturday lectures, workshops, discussions and drinks reception. Lunch and refreshments provided. Please buy your conference dinner ticket separately.£33.00
Student Sunday Only
Ticket for Sunday workshops and discussions. Lunch and refreshments provided.£33.00