Sat, 06 Feb|
Online 2021 Conference
The ACV Conference 2021 will take place on the 6th of February 2021. This will be a virtual conference. Further information will follow!
Time & Location
06 Feb 2021, 08:30 – 18:00 GMT
About The Event
We're very excited to open registration for our 2021 conference! This year we will hold our conference over one day via zoom.
Please see below for a summary of the day
- 8:30-9:00am Arrival and registration
- 9:00-9:15am Welcome from our Chair Ian Futter
- 9:15- 10:00am Lecture 1: Decision making in charity practice: Ethics on a shoestring from Polly Taylor
- 10:15-11:00am Lecture 2: Cardiology on a shoestring from Malcom Cobb
- 11:00-11:30am Coffee break and a chance to vote for our new committee and get to know your chat groups!
- 11:30-12:30pm Workshops: Session 1 (choose one).
a. Feline heart murmurs (Aga Zoltowska)
b. The chronic coughing dog (Malcolm Cobb)
c. Rachel Radwell Nursing Workshop Getting good thoracic images – No stress! (Ali Limentani)
d. Research in shelter & charity practice part 3: data analysis (Jocelyn Toner, Lisa Morrow)
e. Well-being: Our clients mental health (Rosie Allister)
- 12:30-1:15pm Lunch break and a chance to look at our posters entered in the competition!
- 1:15 - 1:45pm AGM for members and announcement of new committee members
- 1:45 -2:30pm What’s new in charity and shelter medicine? Chair: Jocelyn Toner
- 2:45 - 3:45pm Workshops: Session 2 (choose another from the list above)
- 3:45 - 4:15pm Tea break
- 4:15 - 5:00pm Lecture 3: Pragmatic Care of Wildlife from Liam Reid
- 5:00pm Poster prize presentation and social chat