Want to join the committee?
Nominations are open for two positions on the ACV committee: an Ordinary Member and the Student Member. Committee members serve for three years. The positions will be voted on by ACV members at our annual general meeting, held at ACV Conference 2021.
Please use the form below to nominate yourself or somebody else.
Nominations will close on 23 January 2021, and elections will be open to all association members via an online platform.
Ordinary committee members
Committee members play a role in the smooth running of ACV. This involves participating in committee meetings (currently online, usually maximum of three in-person meetings per year, expenses are provided) and assisting with some or all of the following:
• increasing awareness about ACV within the professions, undergraduate students and allied organisations
• planning, organising and promoting CPD events
• running or contributing to ACV social media activity
• running or contributing to the ACV website
• collecting and supplying information and resources for members
• representing ACV at other events and to other organisations
Nominations welcome from vets, VNs, vet students and student VNs.
The committee student member has the same role as an ordinary member, but is also a vet or vet nursing student.
In our constitution there must be at least one student committee member, so if you graduate during your term leaving no students on the committee, you will be asked to step down in your year of graduation.
Nominations welcome from vet students and student VNs.