How we may use your information:
We will not rent, swap or sell your personal information to other organisations for them to use.
In using your data internally there are a number of ways we can legally process your data, this will depend upon the circumstances in which it is being collected and used, but will usually fall into one of the following categories:
● where the processing is necessary to carry out for the performance of a contract e.g. we will hold data about members to maintain our database and contact members about their membership and related benefits.
● where it is in our legitimate interests to perform our functions e.g. contacting members and those signed up to the mailing list about the activities of the Association, including our conference.
● where you have provided your consent to allow us to use your data in a certain way
● where the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with a legal obligation
When we collect data:
● If you attend our conference
● If you become a member
● If you join our mailing list
● If you contact us
What data do we collect:
● Your name, address, email address, phone number are collected for communication purposes
● If you attend a conference your dietary preferences and any accessibility considerations may be recorded
● Information gathered by cookies on our website
● We will keep you data while we respond to any queries or complaints that you submit.
How we hold you data:
● Access to your personal data is password protected
How long will we hold your data:
● In the case of members we will hold your data for three months from the point that your membership elapses
● In the case of mailing list members we will hold your data until you unsubscribe.
● We use may service providers (such as conference venues, printers for conference badges) to help us provide you with our services. We may give relevant persons within these service providers access to your personal information to allow them to perform their services for us.